Senior Database Developer (.Net)
About J. Awan & Partners Group – The Group, headquartered in the Dubai International Financial Centre and with regional offices in Abu Dhabi, Riyadh, Doha and Karachi, provides regulatory compliance, finance, risk management, internal audit and regulatory training services. The Firm’s clients include global banks, sovereign wealth funds, regional and international investment banks, broker dealers, and insurance companies. The Firm is in the process of expanding its presence into Asia Pac, CIS and Western Europe.
To execute on its long-term strategy of being a partner of choice for the financial services industry, the Group has set up Azakaw, a technology company that will provide a RegTech solutions platform addressing key issues facing the industry and providing next generation, automated compliance services.
The future success of the technology company is underpinned by the availability of subject matter experts from within the Group and from existing clients of the Group who have shown significant interest in utilizing the prospective platform.
Job title: Senior Database Developer (.Net)
Reports to: CTO
Senior Software Developer will be responsible for developing and supporting .NET/C# projects, functions and completing specific client work, projects and miscellaneous tasks while ensuring commitment and quality through to completion. They will also be responsible for the assessment and implementation of our data environment moving forward, considering the type of scale we are planning for as well as the security requirements such as PII data.
This highly responsible position involves using established work procedures to analyze, design, develop, implement, maintain, re-engineer and troubleshoot software applications and data infrastructure.
We would like an overall assessment of its current state, data models, schema etc. We are looking for someone who can come in, perform an assessment and afterwards help us get to a point of production readiness.
- Queues, triggers, stored procedures
- SQL Server with T-SQL
- Experienced in database development & design
- Strong Data Analysis and Data Mapping skills
- Follow coding best practices and clean architecture methodology
- Experience Visual Studio development environment
- Experience with AWS/Azure Cloud
- Experience with GitHub
- Strong hands on experience of C#, .NET, ASP.NET Core, Entity Framework, MSSQL, AWS, MVC.
- A good understanding of N-tier and N-layered architecture
- Experience of working effectively as part of a team
- A flexible approach and ability to adapt
- Experience of working to and applying scrum and agile methodologies
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
- Ability to quickly learn new languages, technologies & tools
- Design patterns experience such as CQRS.
- Microservices experience an advantage
- Azure including Azure SQL
- Database security, data in motion and at rest
- Database auditing, using event sourcing etc.
- Designing data structure for large scale distributed systems
- Performance tuning
- Multi-tenant data designs
- Reporting/Business Intelligence
- SSIS ETLs/ Azure Data factory
- DevOps methodologies
- Big Data
- Machine learning, Python development
- Azure Databricks/Apache Spark etc.
Duties and responsibilities
A candidate is expected to execute below duties & responsibilities;
- Design, code, test, implement, test, debug and document data schema according to the functional requirements
- Apply best practice methodologies to design and implement relational databases
- Develop, maintain and support applications for internal and external clients
- Analyze, diagnose and resolve errors related to their applications
- Help define project plans for production
- Provide technical and project management expertise across multiple areas of database architecture
- Provide ad hoc reporting and analysis as required
- Investigate operational or systematic problems and user queries as required
- Follow all department standards and methodologies
- Interact and communicate effectively with all levels of staff, senior management and customers
- Communicate effectively and clearly, in writing and verbally, in one-on-one and group presentation situations
- Strong ability to effectively lead a team
- Use Microsoft technologies: C#, ASP.NET, SQL, MVC to develop technical solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 9 years’ overall relevant experience of software engineering and data design and architecture, implementing functionality and ad hoc system analysis
- Preferably experience in Financial Services or Banking industry
- Working exposure on International projects is highly desirable
- Minimum bachelor’s degree with concentration in Data Engineering or Computer Science
- Excellent English Communication Skills both written and verbal
- Ability to process information at speed, using input from multiple sources and produce good quality output.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethics
- Customer centric approach
- Problem Solving Skills
- Inter-Personal Skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
What we offer?
- Competitive salaries and benefits package
- Excellent working environment and opportunities for growth
- International & entrepreneur environment
- Support to seek advancement towards partner status
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Leaves
- End of Service Benefits